Making Your Choice
Consider the following while making a preschool choice for your child.
Doon Kids Considers the Whole Child
- We focus on academic, social, emotional, and physical development.
- Children are encouraged to learn through play.
- Children learn to identify their emotions, develop healthy self-esteem, and express feelings.
- Semi-structured days allow for exploration of space, socialization, and development of language skills.s
2Doon Kids Delivers a Research-Rich Curriculum
- Our programs are based on research and best practices for early childhood education.
- We prepare children to excel in kindergarten with a solid educational foundation.
- We have the proof. Children who have participated in our programs are thriving in elementary school and beyond.
- Doon Kids’ researched program was designed to merge play-based learning with structured outcomes that give kids a head start in school life. Our curriculum encompasses six core areas + innovation focusing on the; emotional, social, cognitive and physical development of each child.
Play and exploration provide a platform for supporting the development of children’s literacy and numeracy skills as well as capitalising on children’s natural curiosities and exuberance with the world around them. Early childhood is not only a period of amazing physical growth; it is also a time of remarkable mental development.
Doon Kids Play School supports every child’s social and emotional development in ways that allow each child to form positive relationships with others. In providing a safe and caring learning environment where a child’s sense of self is nurtured, opportunities for the development of one’s character is a natural progression and intended outcome of the program.
Children need numeracy skills to solve problems, make sense of time, numbers, patterns and shapes. Numerate Doon kids will develop confidence in making judgments or taking actions in all aspects of their daily lives through the ability to critically assess and reflect upon quantitative information. Providing our children with a strong numeracy foundation will allow for deeper explorations in mathematical thinking and concepts as the child enters into KG-12 school settings.
An integrated focus on physical activity and wellness development through the Doon Kids Play School integrated curriculum supports strong cognitive and physical development and produces high academic performance in children. Current brain research shows evidence that children who are physically active and lead healthy lifestyles are happier and able to advance more quickly developmentally than children who experience a more sedentary unhealthy lifestyle
Children are active learners in the process of making meaning of the world that surrounds them. How they choose to communicate affects their identities and is influenced by language. Doon Kids Play School offers a socially and intellectually engaging environment where children’s communicative practices, languages, literacies and literate identities are valued and supported.
Children are active learners in the process of making meaning of the world that surrounds them. How they choose to communicate affects their identities and is influenced by language. Doon kids Play School offers a socially and intellectually engaging environment where children’s communicative practices, languages, literacies and literate identities are valued and supported.
Innovation Built in
Our curriculum, the skills and learning outcomes, and all six domains, support 21st century skill development. Children build their abilities to innovate and problem solve – using the 4 C’s; Critical thinking, Creativity, Communication, Collaboration – through teacher questioning and activities every day!
3Doon Kids Builds Relationships
- Highly qualified, caring staff create a nurturing environment for all children to thrive.
- Our teachers spend many hours in training to ensure they are well-prepared to provide excellent service to you and your child.
- Parents, you are encouraged to participate and collaborate with teachers so you are actively involved in your kids’ education.
4Doon Kids Offers a Safe & Welcoming Environment
- Our state-of-the-art facilities are always clean and well-maintained.
- The organization and modern feel of our facilities make for an environment in which your child will feel encouraged to explore.
- All of our facilities are safe and richly resourced for both indoor and outdoor play.
- Inspired by Reggio Emilia’s philosophy of “environment is the third teacher,” our spaces are designed with a specialized science behind them.
Preschool is the first step in child's academic journey and can serve as the basis for all future learning. According to the Indian Department of Education, preschool plays a large role in later academic success. "Children in high quality preschools display better language, cognitive, and social skills than children who attended low quality programs".
Once your child is ready for the play school, choosing the right preschool become a daunting process. The following steps may help you to sort through the preschool and to decide the right place for your kid.
Figure out How DOON KIDS is Important to You
Parents are best judge of their child and only they know better what type of the environment will suit their kid best. Think about your child's personality. Is he shy? Does she make friends quickly? What do you want from your child's preschool? Are you looking for a rigorous academic program or something more socially-based?
Check with the school to find out the details on age qualifications and other factors such as potty training.
To meet child's individual needs, you want to find a school that offers small class sizes and low child-teacher ratios. The classroom should have lots of toys and other play items that are clean, safe and in easy reach of little people. If there is an outside play space, make sure it is fenced in and ask if the staff is trained in first aid.
Make sure the schools you are considering employ teachers that have earned early childhood education degrees.